OUR REQUIREMENTS FOR NEW PUPPY OWNERS
Getting a new puppy is serious business. You are considering bringing a NEW FAMILY MEMBER into your home. This is not a decision you make over night and not something you just “get ride of” when your tired of it or made a poor choice to get a puppy when you were not ready.
Here at Von Weiss Kennels, we would like to lay down our rules and criteria for you to have one of our puppies. If these rules are too hard to for to adhere to, then do not get a puppy.
Questions you should ask yourself before getting a puppy:
- Do I have the time to raise a puppy, go through training and give the puppy all the support he/she needs to become a wonderful dog?
- Can I afford a puppy? Vet bills, checkups, emergencies, grooming, toys, food, training, treats, equipment, boarding travel?
- Do you have room for a puppy?
- Are you healthy enough to care for a puppy and be able to grow old with your dog?
- Are you healthy enough to play with your dogs?
- Do you know if you are allergic to dogs?
These are just the basic questions you should be asking yourself. There are several other questions for people with different situations.
Von Weiss Kennel Requirement’s
- A deposit of $500.00- $1000.00 is required. This is for two reasons,
- To make sure you are serious about making a commitment to a new puppy.
- To pay for background checks on new potential owners. If there is more than 1 person who is in the household there will be a background check down on them as well. If there is more than one background check, the deposit is higher.
- If your background check shows you have an animal abuse charge, human abuse charge or a drug charge, your will not get one of our puppies and you lose your deposit.
- You must live in a house with a backyard and send a short video of what your yard looks like so we can determine if your yard is large enough or safe enough for puppy. The only exception to apartment living is if your dog will be a true service dog for a disabled person, and will be trained as such, this does not include emotion support.
- You must have your puppy microchipped at 12 weeks old with Von Weiss Kennels as secondary contact. God forbid something happens to you and you cant be contacted. We will be called and take care of your dog until we find out what happed to you. We do not want to be a part of the homeless or shelter dog epidemic.
- If, for any reason, you cannot keep your dog, the dog comes back to us. If there is a person you would like to rehome your dog to, Von Weiss kennels must approve the home first. No exceptions.
- If we ever find out that you are neglecting your dog or abusing your dog, we will come and get your dog and you lose all rights to them. There will be no refunds. Think of it this way; if you adapt a child and you abuse that child, the child is taken away, you do not get refunds for buying the clothes or toys or food for that child. You are adapting a family member not purchasing a product.
- Love your dog, be there for your dog, if you’re having issues please reach out to us so we can help you through. We are there for you and your puppy no matter what the situation is.
We understand that these requirements to some people may seem a “bit much”, but if you are a responsible dog owner, you understand why we do this, for the protection of your puppy and to prevent you from making a mistake that will effect the puppy and you.
**Please note you will be required to send an initialed copy of these requirements to Von Weiss Kennels to keep on file. **Download Copy Here**